Where Education, Knowledge and Preparation Meet
We can also schedule a class to meet your needs and time constraints!
The Basic Life Support (BLS) course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both pre-hospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
In this Instructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Content taught in the BLS for Healthcare Providers Course includes:
• The importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• All of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
• The importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• The importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
• The technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
*This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Assured Safety LLC © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
CONTACT Us Today
Assured Safety LLC